Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software helps a business stay in touch with its customers. It has come to be known as “sales” software -- tracking sales activities, proposals, opportunities, and closed business. But a CRM is supposed to do so much more, including marketing communications, order fulfillment and tracking, and more. That’s what makes a custom CRM so valuable -- your business isn’t tied down to the features and specifications of an off-the-shelf CRM package that overlooks those other business functions. Let’s learn more about how you can really leverage a good CRM to make your whole business run better and more profitably.
A Good CRM Makes Other Business Functions Better
A custom CRM, like one developed by Ping! Development, provides a framework for product fulfillment. That includes everything post-sale, such as building the product or delivering the service, custom manufacturing, shipping and delivery, customer service follow up, billing, and support. Throughout that entire process, there are opportunities to increase efficiency and automate repetitive, menial tasks. A customer who knows the status of an order is less likely to take your company’s time calling in to find out.
Other ways a custom CRM can help your business operations include:
- Prevent duplication of work by your team, e.g. calling the same customer multiple times or providing status updates to multiple managers.
- Improve accountability, e.g. customers are assigned to a specific team member for fulfillment and support.
- Easy access to customer information, e.g. maintaining a long-term history of customer interactions, including communications, requests, orders, etc.
Hidden Benefits of a Custom CRM
A good CRM will help improve many business functions outside of sales. In most companies, the only team who works in the CRM is sales, and maybe some leadership. When you make your CRM part of the operations of your business, you’ll give access to key information to all teams, including production, finance, HR, fulfillment, and more. Your whole organization will work together to create some new benefits from your CRM, including:
- Keep your customers updated on order progress, payments, etc.
- Get fast access to your production pipelines and order fulfillment.
- Create forecasts to ensure each team is ready for future orders.
- Make key staffing decisions based on real data.
- Create a better customer experience by tracking orders, support history, etc. Happy customers are more likely to be repeat customers and refer friends and family.
The CRM Ecosystem
As you know, connecting different software services together creates efficiencies in both information flow and human work. A custom CRM integrates with several other pieces of software to create the benefits described above, including:
- Email marketing platforms: Nurture inbound leads as well as further develop existing customers.
- Client management systems: Gather information you need for manufacturing and implementation. Schedule follow-ups. Get payments. Provide instant updates to customers.
- Shipping and fulfillment systems: Easy tracking and updates to clients, as well as automated functions within your operations.
- Scheduling tools: From pre-sale to post-sale, schedule both internal team members and customers to keep the process moving forward.
Ready To Unleash Your CRM?
If you’re using a standard CRM solution, you may be sitting on some great opportunities to use a custom solution and realize the benefits of a truly integrated CRM. Contact us today, and we’ll help you understand the possibilities and see if a custom CRM is right for your business.
Contact us today for more information.