Custom application software enables your company to take the headaches out of growing, outdated software solutions used by different areas of your company. By developing a custom solution for your business, you’ll be able to scale your software and create an efficient user experience. But what exactly is Application Software? Simple.
What is Application Software
There are two basic types of software: Systems Software and Application Software. Systems software runs in the background on computers in systems like cars, machines, computers, etc. Application Software are programs used by people or users. Application Software typically runs on top of Systems Software. Application Software typically manipulates data, creates reports, manages data, etc.
Application Software Examples
You use Application Software every day in products like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and QuickBooks. Some Application Software examples include:
- Spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Word processors including Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Database management, such Oracle and SAP
- Internet Browsers, like Chrome and Firefox
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) packages like Salesforce and Zoho
- Financial management and bookkeeping software like QuickBooks and Xero.
You get the idea now. Application Software is what businesses and users use every day to help manage data, create efficiencies, and speed up communication.
Types of Application Software
What types of Application Software can be custom written especially for small business? Ping! Development can create just about any custom application package for your business, including the following:
- Association Management Software (AMS): AMS solutions are comprehensive software packages for professional and trade organizations with all the features these groups need to manage their organization. Learn more>
- Clinical Trial Management: This is used by biotechnical and drug companies to manage clinical trials. Learn more>
- Document Management: A Document Management System (DMS) stores and manages all of a business’s documents, including electronic versions and scanned copies of paper documents. Learn more>
- Account Management: Account Management software is a part of a CRM that automates reminders, renewals and other key communication.
- Personalized Marketing Documents: More than a simple mail merge, this software allows both sales and marketing teams to generate customized, personalized marketing documents on demand. Learn more>
- Compliance Forms: In heavily regulated industries, Compliance Forms help a business keep track of important parts, documents, and processes.
Take a look across your organization. Where does old, outdated software create bottlenecks, lost data, and slow communication? Those are the opportunities your business has to develop your own, custom application software solutions. Not only does Ping! Development offer these solutions, but we can help you identify the best way to go about it. Contact us today to get the conversation started.